Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sometimes it Lasts in Love

And ... Sometimes it hurts instead

"Life's a bitch," the old man often says. He has had his own personal troubles, is tougher now, and made the stronger for it. But, when pain touches those near and dear to the old man, it hurts again.

Someone  Like You - Adele's second hit song, recorded in 2010 and released in 2011, was inspired by Adele's a break-up with an ex-boyfriend. It deals with the need to move on, as Adele explains, "When I was writing it I was feeling pretty miserable and pretty lonely, which I guess kind of contradicts Rolling in the Deep. Whereas that was about me saying, 'I'm going to be fine without you', this is me on my knees really."

Hear more...

Adele is now married, mother of baby Angelo, and happy as a kid in a candy store. And, who the hell is the ex? Adele isn't telling, saying only that she wishes him the best.

Life's a bitch, the old man knows, but then a new day comes, a new relationship, and life goes on. I wish you nothing but the best. And, may your dreams come true.


 

The way it was

Listen to Adele's the original video. The old man thinks the video's  film noir touch is more appropriate to a break-up. And the voice more bitter than sweet, but success changes things.

No comments:

Post a Comment